Lake Worth, FL 33462
Benefits: Employee discount, paid time off, professional development assistance
Bring your computer skills and passion for healthcare to one of the top cancer treatment offices in Florida. Hematology Oncology Associates' goals are to provide state of the art cancer treatments with a high level of compassionate care in a warm inviting environment.
Urgently seeking an Authorization Coordinator to join our Lake Worth office.
The Authorization Coordinator obtains and communicates all relative information to insurance carriers or referring providers to obtain authorization.
Generate authorizations as requested by treating physician for treatment.
Learn more about us here, but scroll down to apply through Teamanics!
- Prepares and processes all managed care authorization paperwork.
- Gathers pertinent information from physicians, nurse practitioners and nursing staff to complete authorization request.
- Contacts various insurance companies/primary doctors offices to obtain necessary authorizations.
- Maintains authorization records and files documentation.
- Responds to patient inquiries regarding health plan authorizations.
- Communicate with clinical staff regarding authorizations for treatment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficient with medical terminology
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Hands-on healthcare experience in a clinical setting, preferably within the Medicare population
- Billing and coding education is a big plus, but not required. CPT and ICD-10 codes and knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent professional communication abilities with both patients and team members
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system
- High School Diploma or GED