Registered Dental Hygienist
Galvan Dental Corporation
Commuting to both office locations is required
$45 - $60 an hour
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, dental insurance, tuition reimbursement
Schedule: Mondays and Tuesdays (preferred)
Urgent Job Opening
Galvan Dental Corporation is looking for a dental hygienist to help treat patients and promote good oral health practices. Dental Hygienist duties revolve around conducting initial patient screenings, cleaning teeth (removing plaque), and advising patients on oral health and preventative care.
You will help dentists decide treatments for teeth or gum diseases and handle dental emergencies. As a dental hygienist, you should be reliable and able to build trust with patients of all ages. You should have deep knowledge of relevant health and safety rules and a good eye for oral diseases and anomalies.
If you have a steady hand and great bedside manner, Galvan Dental Corporation would like to meet you!
- Ensure patients feel as comfortable as possible before their examination
- Sterilize dental instruments properly
- Conduct initial mouth screenings and check oral health history
- Identify conditions like gingivitis, caries, or periodontitis
- Clean and help protect patients' teeth (remove plaque or apply fluoride)
- Educate patients of all ages on proper teeth care. By demonstrating good brushing techniques, for example
- Give instructions to patients after operations or other dental procedures
- Take X-rays or dental impressions
- Assist dentists with selecting appropriate treatments for various diseases (including oral cancer)
- Maintain documentation and charts on each patient
- Monitor supplies
- Diploma in Dental Hygiene; Master's is a plus
- Dental Hygienist: 2 years (preferred)
- Dental Hygienist license (required)
- Proven experience as a dental hygienist or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations in this profession (ex. HIPPA)
- Experience in preparing and maintaining dental equipment
- Outstanding communication skills
- A patient and friendly personality
- Attention to detail
- Stamina to meet the physical demands of the job
Ratings are not for public view, and are only shown to employers when a job seeker is matched to a job. Raters cannot see your ratings from others. Job seekers see ratings in aggregate without knowing how an individual rated them. Raters can be blocked and you may opt out at any time.