Front Office Clinic Assistant
Los Angeles, CA 90057
Salary: Salary: $15 - 19/hour
- medical insurance
- dental insurance
- paid holidays
- personal days
- sick leave
- 403 B retirement plan; 2% employer match after one year of employment
- life insurance
Full time. Flexible schedule Monday - Friday. May include some Saturdays.
Position requires excellent customer service skills with patients, employees, and the public, including but not limiting to: offering friendly, courteous, and confidential assistance to every patient to ensure that the patient has a positive experience while at Clinica Romero. Assist with the provision of quality services in the areas of scheduling, patient flow, information and clerical tasks. Individual must also be flexible, organized and must be able to manage a demanding workload with accuracy. In addition, supports Clinica's Mission Statement and complies with the all policies and procedures of the Organization.
- Welcomes and greets patients as they come in to Clinica Msr. Oscar A. Romero.
- Assist patients with questions and direct them to proper departments or personnel.
- Register patients for all appointments including Walk -Ins utilizing Clinica's EMR system
- Obtains, updates and modifies patient's demographic data in person or by phone, including but not limited to: patient's address, phone number, demographics, migrant status, SOGI status, homeless status, proof of income, family size and income etc.
- Initiate billing forms and interview patients for eligibility determination of various programs that are part of the financial screening
- Ensures to scan copies of the recertification of programs such as FamPact and EWC.
- Maintains familiarity with various types of Medi-Cal, Health Plans and other programs.
- Verifies and prints eligibility for all Medi-Cal/ Manage Care patients and other programs by utilizing the appropriate web portals.
- Scans pertinent patient information into EMR including patient identification cards, benefit cards, eligibility verification printouts, etc.
- Preforms daily reminder calls to patients for their upcoming appointment and documents telephone call in EMR.
- Audit medical record for accuracy and completeness, note deficiencies and refer for appropriate follow up and completion.
- Assist patients or family members with completion of varied registration
- Initiate new patients' record number and
- Prepares EMR charts for clinic services one day before.
- Utilizes Microsoft Outlook for all incoming emails, confirms and timely responds to emails from Supervisor, Front Lead, and other departments.
- Collecting co-payments, including cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Schedules appointments according to Clinica's Scheduling Guidelines and keeps up with any new scheduling needs and changes.
- Adheres to Clinica's Petty Cash P&P, completes a daily reconciliation form, and submits all monies (cash and/or credit card receipts) to immediate supervisor or Front Office Lead for review.
- Answers incoming calls, take messages, transfer calls and provide information to other departments upon
- Assist in the completion of data for department reports.
- Translates for patients when necessary
- Assist patients with PCP changes when eligibility department is backed up.
- Assist with rescheduling patients anytime we have provider call outs
- Assist in the training of new
- Completes assignments by the end of the scheduled
- Seek out additional duties to promote continuity of
- Demonstrate a positive, can do attitude in responding to employee and patient' needs.
- Attends In-Services and/or training
- Assure timeliness of services to patients and looks after their comfort while on premises.
- Operations of standard office machines.
- Required to travel from site to site.
- Required to participate in the outreach program.
Observes CMOAR Appearance/Dress Standards:
- Observe regulations on time card use and reporting.
- Maintain attendance as a policy.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Observe general Safety/Employee Health policies and procedures.
- Maintain a current annual health screening.
- Observe CMOAR Appearance/Dress standards.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of both client and employee with regard to medical records.
- Display clearly visible identification.
- Treat all patients with respect and dignity and adheres' to the Patient Bill of Rights.
- Treats all employees with respect and dignity in accordance to non-discriminatory policy and procedure.
- Treat all employees/clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conduct only work related conversations when clients are waiting for service.
- Do not discuss other staff members, policies, problems or medical care in public areas of clinic.
High school graduate or equivalent. Medical Billing experience/ training in a medical office or similar setting.
- Typing and computer skills. MS Excel / EPIC experience preferable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written; work without close supervision, detail oriented and well organized.
- Work in team-oriented environment, and work well under deadlines.
- Previous experience in a community clinic setting, billing and/or collections a plus.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a busy environment.
Ratings are not for public view, and are only shown to employers when a job seeker is matched to a job. Raters cannot see your ratings from others. Job seekers see ratings in aggregate without knowing how an individual rated them. Raters can be blocked and you may opt out at any time.